Dogger Bank Wind Farm A, B & C
Dogger Bank Wind Farm is the world’s biggest offshore wind farm under development. When complete it will be able to provide 6 million UK homes with renewable electricity from the wind – around 5% of the UK’s electricity demand.
Developer details: Equinor, SSE Renewables and Vårgrønn
Supplier portal: Register on the Dogger Bank Wind Farm Supplier portal here.
- Hitachi ABB - High voltage direct current (HVDC) converter systems
- Aibel - High voltage direct current (HVDC) offshore converter platforms
- DEME - Inter-Array Cables (supply, install and protect)
- GE Renewable Energy - Turbines
- Jan De Nul Group - Transport and Installation of the offshore wind turbines
- Jones Bros Civil Engineering UK - Installation of onshore cable infrastructure
- NKT - Manufacture, supply & installation of offshore export power cables & onshore export power cables
- North Star - Deliver four state-of-the-art service operation vessels (SOVs)
- Seaway7- Transport & Installation of Foundations
- Saipem - Transportation and installation of two offshore High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) platforms
- Sif-Smulders consortium - Fabrication and supply of all foundations and transition pieces
The Operations and Maintenance (O&M) base is located at the Port of Tyne.
The wind turbine marshalling base is located at Able Seaton Port.
MW: Combined capacity 3600 (3x1200)
Start date: 2023
Status: Under construction
Distance from shore: 130km