Dogger Bank Wind Farm A, B & C
Dogger Bank Wind Farms is the world’s biggest offshore wind farm under development. When complete it will be able to provide over 4.5 million UK homes with renewable electricity from the wind – around 5% of the UK’s electricity demand.
Developer details: Equinor, SSE Renewables and Eni
Supplier portal: Register on the Dogger Bank Wind Farm Supplier portal here.
- ABB - High voltage direct current (HVDC) converter systems
- Aibel - High voltage direct current (HVDC) offshore converter platforms
- DEME - Inter-Array Cables (supply, install and protect)
- GE Renewable Energy - Turbines
- Jan De Nul Group - Transport and Installation of the offshore wind turbines
- Jones Bros Civil Engineering UK - Installation of onshore cable infrastructure
- NKT - Manufacture, supply & installation of offshore export power cables & onshore export power cables
- North Star - Deliver three state-of-the-art service operation vessels (SOVs)
- Offshore Heavy Transport (OHT) - Transport & Installation of Foundations
- Saipem - Transportation and installation of two offshore High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) platforms
- Sif-Smulders consortium - Fabrication and supply of all foundations
The Operations and Maintenance (O&M) base is located at the Port of Tyne.
The wind turbine installation base is located at Able Seaton Port.
MW: Combined capacity 3600 (3x1200)
Start date: Expected 2023
Status: Under construction
Distance from shore: 130km